Friday 17 September 2010

Tamara Drewe Gala screening tonight at Electric Palace, Bridport

First up is my triptych of the Three Graces - Euphrosyne, Aglaia and Thalia for the "Six by Nine" launch exhibition at the Bull Hotel, for the Bridport Open Studios event over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

It was a great little exhibition, and I'm sure we'll repeat it next year. It also set the tone for the Open event, which was excellent as usual.

Next up is a computer mock-up preview of my exhibition (just on for tonight) at the Electric Palace, Bridport, for the Charity Gala screening of the new Stephen Frears film "Tamara Drewe". There's still lots to do, but we're all looking forward to it!

This exhibition is only on for one night as I'm including a couple of works I no longer own. If you'd like to see my work in the flesh, just email/call me to arrange a studio visit. Also check out my online portfolio at www.kitglaisyer.com (where you'll also find contact details).

Bridport Hat Festival starts today! It kicks off this evening with Hank Wangford & the Lost Cowboys at the Bridport Arts Centre.

Just a few days left to listen to this weeks Gilles Petterson on Radio 1, this week in conversation with rising superstar Janelle Monae. I've been listening to Gilles for years, brilliant selection of funk, jazz, r&b, contemporary and classic.

Meanwhile, Keith Coventry won the John Moores painting prize yesterday, the latest in a number of accomplished artists to win the prize, including Peter Doig, Alexis Harding and Ged Quinn.




















"Green Goddess" by Inka Essenhigh

Some other artists I'm enjoying include this current New York exhibition by Jean-Pierre Roy. and a site of video art by Franci Alys, plus here's a Tate interview with one of my favorite artists - Glenn Brown, and a link to the website of the remarkable New York artist Inka Essenhigh (pic above).

No comments: