Thursday 15 July 2010

BOS 10 + Jon Adam at Artwave West

It's been a while since my last post, mainly because we've been busy preparing for the Bridport Open Studios event on the August Bank Holiday Weekend.

Once again this year there will be over 100 artists taking part, showing in 45 venues across West Dorset.

We've also got our launch night at the Bull Hotel, Bridport, so please come and join the artists in celebrating this great event!

I must also mention a great exhibition that is only on for a couple more days. It's called "New Paintings by Jon Adam & Suchi Chidambaram" at Artwave West Gallery, in Morecombelake, from 19th June - 17th July, open Tuesday to Saturday 10-5pm.

I've long been a fan of Jon Adam's paintings, so I was looking forward to this exhibition of his new work. He didn't disappoint. We often meet up and talk about our work, but Jon hadn't allowed me to see what he was working on for a few months, mainly because he just needed to get on with it without letting anyone else's opinions distract him.

The result is a body of brilliant, experiemental work, highly accomplished paintings that explore a range of ideas from the optical-abstract techniques of his "Dredger" series, to new realist paintings of the "Dark Seas".

You can see a number of these paintings on his page at the Artwave West website. I believe the show finishes on Saturday, so catch it while you can!

It's a short post this week as I've now got to get back to my own new work. I've recently started a new commission as well as a number of other works and a series of smaller paintings. I'm hoping to start posting a series of photos to show the progress of some paintings over the weeks and months... that's the plan anyway!

No comments: