Friday 9 April 2010

Portrait of the Artist gone to press


Our book "Portrait of the Artist - 25 Bridport Painters & Sculptors" went to press yesterday, and will be offically launched by artist John Hubbard at 7pm at the Private View of the exhibition at the Bridport Arts Centre, 6-8pm next Saturday 17th April.

The book is now available for £19.95 from all good book shops. You can also order the book online from the our website.


"Portrait of the Artist" Exhibition

I will be putting up the exhibition of "Portrait of the Artist" next week and it will run from Sat 17 April to Tues 11 May. The Allsop Gallery is open Tuesday to Saturday, 10am-4pm.

It's been an intense process to create the book in just over 3 months, but I'm actually glad we had this deadline because now I can get on with my painting again!

I'm also looking forward to visiting London to see some recent exhibitions, such as Richard Hamilton at the Serpentine, Eberhard Havekost at While Cube, and I'm liking the look of two new paintings by Christopher Stevens at Mummery + Schnelle Gallery.

Online I'm loving the amazing double self-portraits by Kelli Connell (made with double exposures) and the incredible trompe-loeil works by Kirk Hayes ('trompe-l'oeil' is a style of painting that gives an illusion of photographic reality).

Meanwhile I'm still enjoying paintings by Jean-Pierre Roy, Inka Essenhigh, George Shaw and Ged Quinn.

See you at the opening!

Visit www.bridport.org for more information about the Bridport art scene.

No comments: