Saturday 6 March 2010

The "Portrait of the Artist" project is coming along well. We've interviewed and photographed all 25 artists that are taking part, and we're now gathering examples of each artists work for the two pages they each have in the book.

We've also started to lay out the book, so that it's ready to be printed in a week or so. The book doesn't have to be ready until the week of the launch on Saturday 17 April, but we want to get a draft copy printed, and then make sure the 1st edition is delivered with plenty of time to spare.

I'm also beginning to think about the exhibition at the Bridport Arts Centre. About 8 of the artists will be showing sculptural pieces, and then there are 17 painters. I'll be visiting all of the artists before April to discuss what they want to show.

I like to keep myself continually inspired, here are some of the sites that keep me on my toes:

KultureFlash is a weekly guide to the arts in the UK.

AVATAR Director James Cameron on the incredible TED lectures website.

J K Rowlings brilliant Harvard speech on the Fringe Benefits of Failure.

I came across this extraordinary clip on YouTube, of an elephant painting!

Most recent work from Olafur Eliasson (he made the amazing Weather Project at Tate Modern).

Flavorwire is a cool US based Blog that covers the arts.

Finally, I hope you've all got your fingers crossed for The Hurt Locker at the Oscars, local man Ray Beckett has already won a Bafta for Best Sound on the film.

No comments: